Saturday 18 May 2013

Life Lesson

 I am the patience that you never thought you had
I am the fear that you felt would drive you mad
I am the ocean that you never thought you'd swim
I am the light that you never let grow dim

I am the tide that you never thought you'd turn
I am the lesson that you never thought you'd learn
I am the love that will never ever leave
I am the wisdom that says 'carry on, BELIEVE!'

I am the loyal, the defender and the brave
I am the life that no one else would save

I am the windy gust that whoops and wails and calls
I am sunlight glinting on the carpet in the hall
I am the heart that you can always call for help
I am the hope for when they faulter and they yelp

I am the velvet ears, the lick upon your nose
I am the rascal who could steal that food you chose

I am the gentle friend who's just gone out of sight
Don't look for me but I am there, I'm waiting,... it's alright

©­RB 18/5/13


No comments:

Post a Comment