Friday 11 March 2011

What a result!

Last night I got in from dog training and lay down on the sofa and did not raise my head the whole night.  Yesterday we did so much work and with so much exposure to other dogs I think I must have let go of a lot of anxiety, and Sonny, he slept well too!!  Today we are upping the anti and continuing the work with various dogs in the trainer's pack.  Did I mention she has 15 dogs?  Everything from Great Dane to Chihuahua, mostly rescues. 

Sonny is learning other skills today, excitable dogs, owners who are not taking any notice of their dogs on flexi leads, arrogant dogs with arrogant owners.  How to meet a dog on a narrow path....mmm, interesting.  What do we do here then?  Remember the triangle manoeuvre we talked about? This time we are doing a sort of tacking motion from side to side, again this puts the dog off balance and in a 'follower' mode rather than trying to take over and being out in front.  He manages it beautifully and now I'm beginning to feel more in control.  Instead of anticipating the approaching hound, rather like learning the waltz, I'm having to concentrate on where my feet and body are supposed to go.  Guess what, I don't feel nervous any more and because I can feel and see it working, my confidence is growing! 

And by the end of the day, guess what this is the result...........I never thought I'd see it happen, but it has!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment