Friday 2 March 2012

Paws for thought

Hi y'all, Sonny Dog here,

We haven't spoken to you for a while have we?  I am minding the blog whilst She Who Shall be Obeyed is recovering from surgery.  Not much to report recently.  I have been very good and not causing the Pack Leaders too much trouble, except when I try to sneak into the kitchen to steal various treats from the kitchen worktop, although not had much success in that department recently.  I think they are onto me :(

My female Pack Leader is a bit worried that I am going to get all protective now that she is a bit under the weather because I may realise that she is in a weakened state.  She hears so many stories from owners who tell her about how their dogs of protective of them but this is not good guys.  We dogs usually only do this when we are confused about the pecking order in the home and it means we see ourselves as above you in the pack, which really means that you are not exerting enough or maybe any authority over us, get it?

Like my friend Cesar said the other day, I cannot support you allowing your dog to get away with ANYTHING , not barking, not jumping on the sofa... because that is not being a good parent.  He's right you know xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment